Drawing Office/Design Manager
Thetford, Norfolk (Commutable from: Bury St Edmonds, Newmarket, Mildenhall, Attleborough, Mundford)
£38’000 - £40’000 + Product Training, Development, Holiday and Excellent Benefits
Excellent role on offer for someone looking to take the next step up into management of a design team, with the opportunity play a pivotal role in both the team and company’s future growth.
Do you have a proven design background? Do you have experience of overseeing or managing a team?
This ambitious company specialises in the design and manufacture of bespoke equipment, in the automotive industry. Due to the continuous success and growth of the business, they are looking for a natural leader to join the design team, to bring the best out of the drawing office.
In this role you will be leading a small team of 4 engineers, delegating and managing the team’s workload. You will be designing lifting equipment and hydraulics, you will be reading and approving technical drawings, implementing any changes and improving the team culture to be more efficient.
This position is an ideal opportunity for a design supervision looking to take a step up into management or someone that is in management looking for a new challenge within an ambitious company.
* Managing a team of 4 engineers.
* Design and Develop bespoke equipment for the automotive industry
* Producing hydraulic and electrical diagrams.
* Carry out physical testing where necessary to prove design concepts.
* Research and Development
* £38’000 - £40’000 + Product Training, Development, Holiday and Excellent Benefits
* Has proven experience of overseeing a team of designers
* Extensive experience with AutoCAD 2D and 3D
* Have a good attention to detail
* Wants to work with highly specialist products
* Wants to play a key role in the future development of this company.
* Experience with Special purpose built machinery, Steel or structural products
* Experience with ERP systems.
Key Words: Design Manager, Drawing Office Manager, Hydraulics, Electrical, CAD Engineer, CAD Designer, Design engineer, Design, Specialist Equipment, Special Purpose Built Machinery, CAD, CAD design, 2D, 3D, Solidworks, Creo 3d, ERP, Fabrication, Metal, Automotive, Manufacture, Fabrication Design, Thetford, Norfolk, Bury St Edmunds, Attleborough, Cambridge, Norwich