Process Engineer – FMCG Manufacturing
Ashford, Kent (Commutable from: Hamstreet, Snave, Ivychurch, Charing, Lenham, Folkestone, Sellindge, Canterbury, Smarden)
£25,000 - £31,000 + Training, Development, Healthcare, Pension and Benefits
Excellent opportunity on offer within a state of the art manufacturing environment where you be developed to become a technical expert.
Are you a CI/Process Engineer with proven track record of improving manufacturing processes in a demanding environment? Do you have experience within FMCG?
Established over 50 years ago this blue-chip company have been manufacturing within the UK for 50 years, they turn over $4.5billion a year. Having now merged with another global leader they now require an additional Process Engineer to join their Manufacturing team.
In this role you will be improving departmental performance by training, facilitating, coaching and mentoring staff members in continuous improvement activities. You will plan and act as team leader in projects and Lean Events to support a culture of continuous improvement and wider participation. You will lead all NPD activities in area of responsibility and inter-company pricing, in addition to documentation and control of machine adaptation and provision of machine set-up records.
The ideal candidate will have proven experience of delivering increased yield and improved financial benefits in a production/process improvement role. You’ll have qualifications in process/mechanical or manufacturing engineering and will be able to demonstrate leadership skills and initiative.
With fantastic career progression and a long-term commitment to developing their staff this opportunity will provide the right person with a highly successful, challenging career.
* Playing an integral role in the future of the site
* Leading projects for improvements to current manufacturing processes
* Route cause analysis to improve yield and quality
* Process and Product waste reduction
* Improving SOP’s, 5S/Kaizen/SMED activities
* £25,000 - £31,000 + Training, Development, Healthcare, Pension and Benefits
* Proven skills and knowledge in Lean tools
* Mechanical/Process or Manufacturing Qualifications
* Experience of a CI culture with lean techniques
* Strong analytical skills for root cause analysis
* Leadership skills, results driven and always looking for improvements
Process Engineer, Continuous Improvement, Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, Lean Tools, Manufacturing, Root Cause Analysis, Analyitcal, SOP’s, Manfacturing Processes, NPD, H&S, Quality and Hygiene, COSHH, PPE, Hamstreet, Snave, Ivychurch, Charing, Lenham, Folkestone, Sellindge, Canterbury, Smarden