Control Systems Engineer
Glasgow – Commutable from: Hamilton, Cumbernauld, Kilbride, Livingston,
£48,000 - £50,000 + Bonus + Pension
Are you a Controls System Engineer looking to design and implement bespoke, pioneering systems for a forward thinking company that has revolutionised their market for sophisticated clients?
Do you want to be the go to engineer for PLC, HMI and Wonderware InTouch SCADA systems?
On offer is the opportunity to play an integral role within a multi-million-pound company where you directly supervise niche projects and have full control of budgets worth up to £100,000. You will be the direct point of contact for bespoke product life-cycles collaborating with engineers across the globe.
The company has been established over 20 years and has sites across the world including in the United States and China. With over 1,000 customers within 100 countries the company, the company is renowned for the service it offers to clients within the food, electrical engineering and environmental industries.
Your job will require you to design and implement systems and processes that will that will improve performance and safety. You will be required to control a budget worth up to £100,000 as well as planning, organising and supervising specialist projects. You will be programing with Siemens, Mustubishi servo drives and Bejeirs HMI E range amongst others.
This role would suit an experienced Control’s engineer looking to utilise their skill set by developing sophisticated products and processes.
• To design and implement systems and processes to improve product and process performance and safety, and be able to offer advice to others on Control Systems, Automation, equipment selection and specification.
• Develop and modify PLC, HMI, and SCADA programs to ensure that the effectiveness of new and installed automation is to the highest level. Modification of these programmes as required to include alternative control algorithms and tasks.
• Define, plan, and organise all aspects of a project including financial evaluation, control of budgets and timescales to meet the stated objectives of that project.
• Be able to generate prototype designs and solutions, conduct testing, quantify and justify the preferred design.
• Perform commissioning and testing of new plant or automation systems, assessing their suitability for their stated purpose, and monitoring the performance once the system is live.
• Control systems background
• Previous experience with PLC, SCADA and WonderWare
• Looking for a senior project based role
RTR48826 control engineer, engineer, PLCS, SCADA, program, programming, product, process, electrical, electrical engineering, manufacture, manufacturing, technical, technical engineering, automation, automation systems, plc, wonderware, equipment, troubleshoot, control, mutsubishi, troubleshooting, support, Glasgow, Hamilton, Cumbernauld, Kilbride, Livingston