Health & Safety Manager (Automotive)
£30,000 - £40,000 + 33 Days Holiday + Pension
Wolverhampton, West Midlands, Commutable from Birmingham, Telford, Cannock, Walsall
Are you an experienced Health and Safety professional looking for an autonomous role in the automotive logistics industry? This is an excellent opportunity to lead H&S policy on a flagship JLR plant for a global service provider that is expanding rapidly in the UK.
This would suit someone looking for the autonomy to shape policy and find solutions reporting directly to the Plant Manager. You will need to be visible on the shop floor and build relationships with company staff as well as the customer (JLR). There are 250-300 staff with works on extensions ongoing to increase capacity, this is a great time to join.
The company provide logistics / warehousing services to JLR and are winning lots of new business. They are creating a number of new positions and will continue to do so with new business in the pipeline. You will get excellent opportunities for career progression.
On offer is an autonomous role where you will be the decision maker and shape policy in the fast moving and booming automotive industry.
- Target H&S issues and present solutions to Plant Management
- Shape training policy and provide training
- Maintain documentation and audit programs to OHSAS 18001 and TS16949 (training provided)
- Minimum of NEBOSH certificate, familiar with OHSAS 18001, TS16949 advantageous
- Good communication skills, able to train people and communicate on the shop floor not just via emails
- Confidence to work autonomously and take decisions
Click ‘Apply Now’ to submit your CV
H&S, Health And Safety, HSE, IOSH, NEBOSH, Manufacturing, Logistics, Warehouse, Warehousing, Automotive, OHSAS 18001, TS 16949, Wolverhampton, Birmingham, Telford, Cannock, Walsall, West Midlands, Shropshire, Staffordshire.